Rarely does a first-time homebuyer get in on the first floor at an affordable price, especially in a haven of pricey prime real estate like Beacon Hill.
For a mere $415,000, this 506-square-foot, 1-bed, 1-bath unit has all the “must-haves” of a Hill home: sunny hardwood-floored rooms, updated kitchen and bath, deeded storage and parking, central location, and — best of all — residency in one of the historic Greek Revival brick rowhouses for which Beacon Hill is renowned.
The living-dining room has the benefits of the bowfront for more space and light, a classic fireplace for warmth, and an unusually deep footprint for a Beacon Hill unit in this price range.
The kitchen has been updated with black granite counters, advanced appliances, and attractive toile wallpaper for that “country kitchen” look and feel.
The bedroom is roomy enough for a king-size bed, for which twin swivel lamps are provided. As in the living-dining room, plantation shutters control the light with a classic touch. The bath has been tastefully updated with a faux marble tile floor, white-tile wainscoting, a pedestal sink, a mirrored medicine cabinet with bell-flower lighting, and a soft blue wall treatment.
And look at what lurks beyond Bowdoin Street’s brick sidewalk, along Cambridge Street at the foot of the Hill:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Whole Foods Market at Charles River Plaza
- Beacon Hill Athletic Club
- Historic New England’s Harrison Gray Otis House museum
- first-class restaurants and cafes, including Harvard Gardens, Foster’s Bar and Grill at the Holiday Inn, and the Clink restaurant at the Liberty Hotel
- Rite-Aid Pharmacy
Also steps away from your doorstep are:
- the Boston Athenaeum, Boston’s oldest private library with its fine collection of rare books on Boston history and much more;
- the Boston Common;
- shopping in Downtown Crossing;
- Suffolk University Law School;
- Government Center and its Green Line subway station;
- Red and Green Line subway service at Park Street Station;
- the Massachusetts State House.
Also for sale at 21 Bowdoin St. is Unit 1C, at $379,000. For more information, or to arrange a private showing, contact: