Planning on selling your Boston condo or just simply would like to add value? Check out these 10 ways to improve the value of your condo!
1. Upgrade the Kitchen- Upgrade to stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, reface your cabinets
2. Revamp Your Bathroom- Retile the floor, change outdated mirrors or fixtures, add a vanity for extra storage
3. Update or Create a Home Office- More and more people are working from their homes these days and through the creation of a home office, your condo is much more appealing to more buyers.
4. Install New Windows- This is especially true for older Boston condo buildings especially renovated brownstones, etc. Installing new windows can be important in terms of energy issues and are also a sign that the condo has been well maintained.
5. Paint, Paint, Paint- A fresh coat of paint goes a long way!
6. Keep Rooms Flexible- Too much customization can be a problem if you ever plan to sell your condo, don’t over do it.
7. Build a Deck or Outdoor Entertaining Space- Boston is a great place to enjoy a roof deck or outdoor patio while taking in the beautiful views. A great addition to your Boston condo would definitely be an outdoor deck!
8. Create or Renovate a Master Suite- Master suites in a condo aren’t really luxury anymore, they’re an expected feature!
9. Extra Storage Space- Many times condos lack storage space, so maximize that space you have or create more of it if you can.
10. Improve Your Floors- If you have hardwood floors refinish them, replace carpeting, or consider installing hardwood floors.
It is always a good idea to keep up with maintaining and improving the value of your Boston condo! If you are in the market for a new Boston condo, learn how we can help you save thousands at closing.
Sound too good to be true? Read more here.