Built in 1916 as the Braemore Hotel to provide Back Bay luxury to those of modest means, the Braemore Condominium at 464 Commonwealth Ave. still does just that — especially in its 342-square-foot studio Unit 87, where rich historical details, a hardwood-floored open plan, an updated kitchen and bath, professional management, full building service including elevator and concierge, and one of the best locations in town can be all yours for only $249,000.
Step into the great room and be awestruck by the very idea of getting all of this at that price — a hardwood floor, an oversize double window, a high ceiling with chandelier, a double crown molding, a decorative marble mantel with mirror, a built-in bookcase and cabinet, and a large open space for flexible arrangement of living, dining and bedroom accommodations. A Murphy bed comes out of the wall, quickly converting the great room from a desirable daytime space to a restful sleeping area.
Furthermore, the great room conveniently proceeds into the kitchen, which is fully updated with new appliances, a running laminate counter, and classic custom cabinetry complementing the great room’s historic woodwork.
Now go up to the common roofdeck and take in the breathtaking panorama of the Back Bay and beyond. This is an ideal place to enjoy the Fourth of July fireworks in the company of fellow Braemoreites.
The views also remind you how close you are to everything under the sun, including:
- fitness trails on the Commonwealth Avenue Mall and the Esplanade;
- stores, restaurants and cafés in Kenmore Square, the Prudential Center and along Newbury and Boylston streets;
- classes and cultural events at Boston University;
- the Boston Public Library in Copley Square;
- concerts at Symphony Hall, Berklee Performance Center, and Jordan Hall at the New England Conservatory;
- painting and sculpture at the Museum of Fine Arts;
- Red Sox games at Fenway Park;
- subway and bus service in Kenmore Square;
- the Colleges of the Fenway.
For more information on Unit 87 at 464 Commonwealth Ave., or to arrange a private showing, call one of CondoDomain’s Boston agents at 617-314-7704. To meet our agents, visit http://boston.condodomain.com/meetus