First-time homebuyers: is Beacon Hill beyond your modest means as well as your wildest dreams? Well, come and get your foot in the door in Boston’s most desirable neighborhood at 27 Anderson St.’s Unit 2, a choice corner unit at a price further beyond your wildest dreams: $439,000.
This 608-square-foot, 2-bed, 1-bath unit has even more dream-home features:
- an open plan of honey-gold hardwood flooring that gives the living, dining and kitchen areas a sense of warm connectedness with one another and the rest of the unit;
- two large bedrooms sharing an updated bath;
- and those modern clean lines that really define city living.
The not-so-formal living room has bright exposure and a combined feeling of intimacy and roominess that’s good for two, or a whole party.
The kitchen is open to the living and dining rooms via a granite breakfast bar surrounding a stainless steel-clad column. This showcases the kitchen’s high-end finishes and appointments: granite counters, custom cabinetry, stainless steel appliances.
The two bedrooms have not only ample square footage and closet storage, but also generous wall area for creative arrangement of furniture, bookcases, artwork and computer workstations.
The bedrooms are interconnected with the updated bath in Jack-and-Jill fashion — a rare convenience in a unit of this price range.
Common building amenities include laundry, a roofdeck, and professional management. The $229/month association fee includes hot water, water and sewer, master insurance and exterior maintenance.
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Whole Foods Market at Charles River Plaza
- Beacon Hill Athletic Club
- Historic New England’s Harrison Gray Otis House museum
- first-class restaurants and cafes, including Harvard Gardens, Foster’s Bar and Grill at the Holiday Inn, and the Clink restaurant at the Liberty Hotel
- Rite-Aid Pharmacy
Also for sale at 27 Anderson St. is the parlor-level Unit 1, at $289,000.