April 22, 2008 is EARTH DAY!
- Reduce, reuse, recycle!
- Turning down the thermostat five degrees saves about 10% on your heating bill.
- Set your hot water heater to 140 degrees in warmer weather.
- Choose compact fluorescent light bulbs; they use about one quarter of the
energy of regular light bulbs.
- Consider installing ceiling fans they cool in the summer and circulate warm air in winter.
- In sunny weather, hang out your laundry to dry for a lovely fresh smell and great energy savings
- Visit www.earthday.net to learn more about activities in your community and how YOU can make a difference.