Newly released to the market is an absolutely gorgeous custom renovated 3 Bedroom, 3 Bath home with 2,600 square feet at the Residences at the Mandarin Oriental in Boston. A custom “Green Design” renovation was just completed on the unit including:
1) Day Lighting – a green design element is to capture natural light in rooms that do not have windows. For instance, a bedroom bathroom in a typical condominium is likely not to have exterior windows, but if you add a transom window, in the case of this unit frosted, you subsequently then allow natural day light into your bathroom and reduce the need to use electric lighting.
2) Type of Paint – Aura and Eco-Spec paints are Benjamin Moore paints that are low or no VOC paints (VOC is Volatile Organic Compounds) and this is what gives traditional paint its strong odor. This unit has no scent of fresh paint, even though it was just painted.
3) Dual-Flush Toilets/Water Closets – Duravit dual-flush water closets are a green feature that saves water per flush; less water is used for water waste than for solid waste.
4) Hardwood Floor Finish – BonaTraffic wood finish is a highly durable water-based wood floor finish that is non-toxic and leaves a gorgeous finish.
5) Indoor Air Quality – A highly important element of building “green” is the health of the indoor environment – so it is essential that the air we breathe is of the highest quality possible. The systems at the Mandarin Oriental are highly sophisticated to ensure a well balanced, air filtrated environment.
The company responsible for implementing this “Green Design” is Aedi Construction based in Waltham, MA. (www.aediconstruction.com). They are a nationally recognized leader in building healthy living environments that are resource and energy efficient. The architect responsible for the actually design element of this unit was Zero Energy Design in Boston.
This classic/contemporary design includes an open kitchen and expansive living room with private balcony. Top of the line finishes include: Poggenpohl kitchen cabinets, 5-piece spa like master bath, generous walk-in built out closets, gas fireplace, motorized solar shades, steam room and wired for multi-media surround sound.
This unit is available immediately to rent for $15,000/per month. Please contact me if you would like to arrange a private showing.