Did you know that in the early 1800s the Back Bay was merely a salt water bay on the Western Shore of Boston? It’s hard to believer, considering it’s now one of Boston’s most luxurious neighborhoods, attracting hundreds of natives and tourists alike every day.
So what exactly is it that makes Back Bay one of the most sought after places to live in the Bean? Here’s a list of Boston Condo Domain’s top 8 reasons to call this historic neighborhood home:
1. The Prudential Center: Right in the middle of the Back Bay off of Boylston Street sits the Prudential Center (dubbed “The Pru” by Boston natives), a high-rise building boasting hundreds of shops and restaurants from Sephora and Lord & Taylor to Legal Seafoods and Five Napkin Burger.
2. Newbury Street: Just when you thought you shopped ’til you dropped, there’s even more. Newbury Street is one of Boston’s most coveted streets for sightseeing, shopping and even people-watching. With eight blocks full of salons, boutiques, cafes and retail stores, you’ll never leave empty-handed.
3. The architecture: It doesn’t get much more beautiful than the Back Bay. We especially love the detailed architecture and famous brownstones that line the buzzing streets.
4. Boston Public Library: The Boston Public Library in Copley Square is a sight in itself, with gorgeous architecture and a museum-like feel. You can also get an immaculate view of its courtyard from the Courtyard Restaurant which is open for lunch Monday through Friday, and afternoon tea Wednesday through Friday.
5. Easy Commuting: With walking access to Bay Bay Station, Copley Station and local bus stops, it couldn’t be any easier to commute in and around Boston. Working, playing and living in your favorite city has never been so simple.
7. Museum of Fine Arts: Catch the latest exhibition at the Museum of Fine Arts to bring out your artistic edge on a rainy afternoon.
8. Copley Square: Take a trip to Copley Square to some of the city’s best shopping and dining. Also, on Tuesdays and Fridays you can take advantage of the weekly farmer’s market with tons of local food, fruits and vegetables.
To take a look at what’s on the market in the Back Bay or set up a tour, visit our website or call 1-877-852-6636 to schedule an appointment with one of Boston Condo Domain’s apartment rental experts.
[Photo Credit: http://www.virtualtourist.com]